Re: State of highspeed usb2 audio?

On 04/12/2012 09:59 PM, Daniel Mack wrote:
> On 08.01.2012 16:07, alexander wrote:
>> So again, exactly what is the state of usb2 audio class compliance? I've
>> asked around in many places now and noone seems to know. I read
>> somewhere that it's spotty at best and other places that it has just
>> been implemented, seems like noone knows for sure.. So another question
>> arises, is it a hard thing to do?
> Sorry for the late response.
>
> Support for v2 is fairly complete, with the exception of some clocking
> features that have not been observed "in the wild". Is you issue already
> solved?
>
> If not, can I ask you to build a 3.4.0 kernel and apply this patch on
> top? I just submitted a new version of a rework patch that changes a lot
> things around USB packet handling in the snd-usb driver.
>
>    https://gist.github.com/1168715
>
> I would be interested wether this changes anything for your card.
>

> Daniel

Hooray! That's a very late response ;D nonetheless, it's a response and
I'm very happy! I've never compiled a kernel before but I could give it
a try.. Have you seen my alsa bug report?
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=5512 I just
noticed now as I write that a reporter named bjorn has a hack for it
that seems to work. Reporter 'shal' also gets the same dmesg error, but
I dont know if it's the same card or not.. He says he has more linux
background tho so he might be more effective with the kernel compiling etc.