Re: .asoundrc advice on recording format, rate, and channels

Clemens Ladisch writes:

> Juha Heinanen wrote:
> > both speaker and mic work fine if i choose ALSA:default.
> > what i would like to achieve is that i can use some other device than
> > default for mic
>
> "default:x", where x is the card number or ID.

sorry that i didn't explain the problem clearly.  i'll try again.

google chrome browser, for example, does not allow setting any sound
devices.  it always uses the default device.  therefore, if i want to
use my external bluetooth speakers for chrome browser, i have to set in
.asoundrc

pcm.bluetooth {
        type bluetooth
        device "00:02:3C:30:37:DE"
        profile "auto"
}

pcm.!default plug:bluetooth

without the last line, my mic works fine in voip application when i
specify it to use ALSA:default device.

the question is, when i add the last line, how should i define capture
device in voip application?  clearly i cannot use ALSA:default[:x]
anymore and ALSA:plughw:0,0 does not work properly (volume is extremely
low and i suspect format/rate problem).

one solution that comes into mind is to define in .asoundrc default ALSA
device separately for capture and playback.  is that possible?

-- juha