Festival (speech synth), jackd and alsa...

Hi,

my system is a recent Gentoo Linux with linux kernel 3.2.11 (vanilla,
downloaded directly from Linus Torvalds desktop...so to say :).
The alsa drivers are taken from the kernel itself, anything alsa
else is taken from the portage package system. Additionally I
installed jack-audio-connection-kit (1.9.8) and it runs in realtime
mode (configured via qjackctl).

I installed the festival speech synthesizer.

Unfortunatly it does not work for me.

The classical test for it is the following command line:

echo "hello this is lniux " | festival --ttso

which results in:
jack_client_new: deprecated
This system has no accessible HPET device (Device or resource busy)o

Fuser /dev/hpet gives me:

                        USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
    /dev/hpet:           mccramer   2837 f...m (mccramer)jackd

/etc/festival/siteinit.scm is set to

(Parameter.set 'Audio_Command "aplay -q -D plug:SLAVE=jack $FILE")
(Parameter.set 'Audio_Method 'Audio_Command)

and my /etc/asound.conf is set to:

pcm.jackplug {
	type plug
	slave { pcm "jack" }
}

pcm.jack {
	type jack
	playback_ports {
		0 alsa_pcm:playback_1
		1 alsa_pcm:playback_2
	}
	capture_ports {
		0 alsa_pcm:capture_1
		1 alsa_pcm:capture_2
	}
}

Applications like mplayer, kaffeine or zynaddsubfx works just
fine...festival does not say any word to me...

What can I do to give festival a mouth to speak?

Best regards.
mcc