Buffer sizes

Hi all!

I have a setup running a RME HDSP 9652 on an Ubuntu machine.
I have an extensive asoundrc-file defining plug and route PCM:s as well as a ladspa PCM containing an eq filter for each of the nine output channels I use. It's basically a setup for a standard surround input (e.g 7.1) to non-standard surround hardware. I use OpenAL as input, route to correct speakers and eq them before output. I would like to introduce individual delay to each speaker to compensate for the skewed setup, but I seem to run into buffer size limits, and I suspect it's due to combined length of ladspa eq and ladspa delay plugs beeing to large.
Is there a way to find out how large buffers are needed and to set them all through the chain? Or is there another way around?

Regards,
/Anders