Re: Simultaneous playback problem on 3 USB cards

On 01/03/2012 02:05 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:
> If the problem is caused by USB-1.x devices on a USB-2.0 hub, unbinding
> the ehci_hcd driver may be an option:
> http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/2010-October/029511.html
>
> OTOH, USB-1.x may not provide enough bandwidth for all the signals in
> the first place.

Thanks! I've seen that "fix" but somehow forgot to try it out. It turns
out, that it does work now and I'm even able to play an mp3 on 5 sound
cards connected to the hub.

Other workaround I found is to connect no more than 2 cards to one hub
but in the same time, you can connect a second hub to the first one and
put additional 2 cards there. I've successfully run 5 cards with the use
of 3 hubs connected serially.

--
Piotr Domagalski
Mobile Systems Research Labs, Poznan University of Technology