Re: Troubles with Sound Devices Usbpre setup: very bad audio

On 27 December 2011 15:36, alexander <axeldenstore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm guessing it's the usbpre1 ? I have the USBpre2 and it works very
well on linux, except not in usb2 mode, even tho it's class compliant
even in usb2 mode.

yes, it's the usbpre 1. I found this old post:
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2007-June/001404.html

in which the OP stated he asked for specifications, but probably never received them. I don't think I'm able to write a driver, so i guess i came to a dead end.

Or maybe i should take this as sign i should start studying :)

I already know C programming (and some audio-related electronics), do you have references about driver development for linux and snd-usb? General, "academic" resources would be great. It will probabily take years, but at least i may learn something.

thanks,
athos