RME Hdspe MADI word clock sync problem

Hi,

I've just successfully installed the latest alsa from the snapshot; http://www.alsa-project.org/snapshot/

It actually improved over the earlier version, however It is still cannot support sampling higher than 48 or double speed as the channel will not reduce according to the sampling rate while using external

clock.  So my question is installing the alsa-firmware will help to solve the problem? Or is there any solution to this?

Btw I'm using Ubuntu 10.04LTS console-mode only and do not have any x-windows installed.

Thanks so much!
David