Re: USB audio device: Steinberg MI4

Clemens Ladisch <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Charles Cazabon wrote:
[...]
> >     Rear Mic:2
> >     Front Mic:2
> >     Line:2
>
> I don't know what Audacity thinks it's doing here; the MI4 has one
> input and one output device.

Indeed, it confused me as well.

> If it isn't possible to snoop on the Windows driver, the only way to
> get information about those vendor-specific settings would be to ask
> Steinberg.  Good luck with that.

Hm.  I can set up a virtual machine, I guess, if I have a version of Windows
kicking around that's supported by whatever drivers can be downloaded for it.
In the interests of helping anyone else in future who wants to get one of
these devices working with ALSA, what would I need to do/capture to help make
this device controllable from ALSA?

Charles
Charles Cazabon                    <charlesc-alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxx>
Software, consulting, and services available at http://pyropus.ca/