Re: Cannot figure out the driver for nVidia sound chip

pulseaudio is the new program which takes input from soundcards and delivers
it to the computer, and vice versa. Ie, it is an overall sound control
program. The best thing to do first is to disable pulseaudio and leave just
the bare soundcards. so that you can figure out what is going on. I would also
advise you to unplug the usb camera as well, to make sure that you can get the
onboard intel soundcard working first, and then when that works, try for the
usb sound. Ie, one thing at a time.

(By the way, I assume that the sliders in alsamixer are all up-- ie that y ou
do not simply have the sound turned off)