Problem after changing a default device by asound.conf

Hi List.

I'm a Gentoo Linux user and I'm using the alsa available at the version 3.0 of linux kernel.

I've been using linux for more than six years and I've never had big problems with alsa. However, a few weeks ago I bought a webcam that has a mic. This mic is recognized as usb audio device.

Since I plugged this webcam the audio system started to behave itselve in a strange way: every time I turned on the kde, the Phonon warned me that some devices were removed. Each other time I could hear something. Sometimes I could hear from kde applications, but not from mplayer, vlc, amsn...

I've noticed that the webcam was the default device, so I decide to change it using asound.conf. The configuration worked, except that just one program can use the alsa each time. I need to close one to use other. The message is: "audio open error: device or resource busy". Probably I did something wrong. That is why I'm here.

my asound.conf is:

pcm.!default {
    type hw
    card Intel