Re: cmi8738 optical out woes

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 6:47 AM, Clemens Ladisch
<cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mark Nordstrand wrote:

>> > What happens with "aplay -D plug:spdif something.wav"?
>>
>> Nothing.  Silence.
>
> Okay, I managed to find my old cmipci-based card, but when I tried to
> play something, it died.
>
> Anyway, I checked the source code, and what you've done should have been
> sufficient to enable the digital output (and besides, there is nothing
> else that you could configure).
>
>From everything I can find, that's what I thought.  From when it
worked, I don't remember doing much more.

> Try using the card in another computer, and/or with Windows.

Yeah, the earlier, working, setup was with a different motherboard.
I've been thinking of swapping it out.  That HP board has given me
quite a bit of grief anyway.

If/when I get a chance to do this, I'll let you know, and thanks for
looking into this.

--
Mark