Re: turn off system beep

You might also blacklist snd-pcsp

Or maybe purge and re-install the alsa-base stuffs.

# dpkg --purge --force-all alsa-base
# apt-get install alsa-base

Make sure those needed blacklist items are there and add them if need be.

blacklist pcspkr
blacklist snd-pcspkr
blacklist pcsp
blacklist snd-pcsp

My overkill list added to my blacklist items.  You might also check
/etc/rc*.d/ for anything that might be playing sound(s) on shutdown.
If that other thing doesn't work.

$ find /etc/rc?.d/ -name 'K*'

- James