Re: [Help] Fix sound coming out only from headphones jack

2011/5/9 Tom Mercelis <tom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Op 2/05/2011 21:54, Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) schreef:

I'm in trouble with the laptop I bought ~5 months ago. It's an Italian brand (see [0]) which ships with a Realtek ALC888 sound card.
Since the beginning, sound never came out from the speakers, only from the headphones jack; I've tried to have a look to ALSA-Configuration.txt but,
since there isn't my laptop model listed there (it's an Octave 180W btw), I really have no idea about how I should modify alsa-base in order to make my soundcard
behave correctly. So I've downloaded your alsa-info script, I've run it, and the result is in [1].
I hope you guys could point me in the right direction, thanks.

Hello,

I'm not an alsa expert, but when trying to figure out routing of different channels to different physical connectors/outputs, I've used HDA Analyser (http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/HDA_Analyzer) on an ALC888 and was able to set mini-jacks to input or output, or assign different channels to the different connectors to have surround 5.1 on a 3 jack notebook.

Kind regards,

Tom Mercelis

Sorry for my late reply, I've been really busy with the university lately, however I want to thank you for your tip. HDA_Analyzer did the trick, I've even tweaked the amplifiers a little, and now the audio really rocks :)
However, I need some help again: in order to get the audio working, I have to run HDA_Analyzer every time I reboot my computer: how could I made these changes permanent?
Thank you again for your help,
Cheers

Diego.

--
H: Who is Watson without Sherlock Holmes?
G: Watson was a genius in his own right.

KDE developer - www.kde.org
My personal blog: http://polentino911.wordpress.com/