Loud pop from speakers when plugging out headphones/shutdown (ALC665 Intel HDA)

Hi all,

I have a rather annoying problem with the audio system on my Dell XPS L502X laptop (ALC665 chipset). Basically, every time I plug out headphones or perform a shutdown, a loud "pop" sound (usually referred to as "static noise", but way louder) can be heard from the left speaker. I would exclude this is an hardware problem, since with Windows 7 the problem is absent. The "pop" sound is louder when headphones are first plugged out after a certain amount of time listening to music, if I plug in/out immediately after, no poppish sound can be heard.

Steps I've tried to do:
- checked the "power_save=0" module option (i have a custom 2.6.39 kernel and I disabled that option during the configuration process, I've also tried to enable it in the kernel and then added that option, with no results) - changed the "model" parameter when loading the snd-hda-intel driver (I've tried nearly all of the "dell" parameters, with no success)
- muted all audio channels
- disabled the pulseaudio system to only use ALSA
- changed headphones, same problem

The only workaround I've discovered is to manually remove the snd-hda-intel module (or, in alternative, passing the "dell" module parameter, which on this card actually disable both left and right speakers).

Detailed info as follows (attached and uploaded):

lspci -vvnn output (only relevant lines):
http://pastebin.com/88un2GUv

alsa-info.sh output:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=88ceaf1f9de818d205f8b93f77f8ac57f19fd27d

/proc/asound/card*/codec#*: