Re: Newbie query about interfaces

Le Fri, 29 Apr 2011 16:28:47 +0100,
Graham Dicker <graham.dicker@xxxxxxxxxxx> a Ãcrit :

> I have been recording for many years with a Yamaha digital 4 track
> recorder. I would now like to switch to using my Suse Linux minitower
> using Ardour. I am not sure though what kind of audio interface I
> need to buy. Ideally I would like to have similar capability to what
> I am used to with my 4 track i.e. up to four instruments being
> recorded simultaneously, each on to it's own track. I understand that
> an interface like the Yamaha Audiogram 6 will work but it's not clear
> that I will be able to route each instrument on to it's own track. Is
> that what it does? Or do I need something else?

If the audiogram 6 is recognized by alsa, it will work. Beside ardour,
you will need jack-audio-connection-kit (jack) and some alsa mixer like
the alsamixer. jack have several GUI like qjackctl. with it, you can
route the audio channels as you want to.

Ciao,
Dominique

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."