Re: 0 ...Security Breach Caused by M&S...!!!

...please take a look at the apology received from dear old Auntie M&S below...I have explained to them that their apology is worthless since the goons behind these security breaches are certainly not fools since having access to any number <M&S are being a little coy over numbers but I bet it's in the thousands> of Joe Public's legitimate mailboxes gives them the capability of using your mailserver to perpetrate any number of nasty scams: phfishing, sending keyloggers upon unsuspecting recipients who open one of their links to capture keystrokes in an effort to unlock online accounts and any number of nasties...the fact that I have over >800 contacts in my Yahoo contacts folder means that these unscrupulous nitwits felt they'd hit gold dust I'm sure...!

I have sent out as many of these explanations as I could from examination of my sent folder but have obviously missed a few, so, my apologies..the most important information I can give you is never to open a link, even some jokes, unless you know or at least are forewarned that the content may be undesirable...This is one of the main reasons I use Mozilla Firefox as an Internet Explorer and an ADD-ON, amongst many, called WOT <Web of Trust>...these add-ons are entirely free, take a look at:-

    http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/yestofairervotes.org

...this simple tool rates sites according to colour, red obviously hit the alarm bells even if you type in the name of a site inadvertently, at least you have the option of closing it down...

...anyway, that's enough from me- read their apology:-

Your M&S
We have been informed by Epsilon, a company we use to send emails to our customers, that some M&S customer email addresses have been accessed without authorisation.
We would like to reassure you that the only information that may have been accessed is your name and email address. No other personal information, such as your account details, has been accessed or is at risk.
We wanted to bring this to your attention as it is possible that you may receive spam email messages as a result. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. We take your privacy very seriously, and we will continue to work diligently to protect your personal information.
Marks and Spencer plc. Registered office: Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW.
Registered number: 214436 (England and Wales)

Regards...

Bill Collins
mob:
+44(0)7867798366
tel:    +44(0)2086444150

http://bo-collins.blogspot.com/

If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well this email were done quickly: Apologies to Wm Shakespeare...
Macbeth: Act 1. Scene VII