Re: [ubuntu] No sound when attached to docking station - Ubuntu Forums

Dear Floyd,

Am Montag, den 28.03.2011, 00:00 -0400 schrieb Floyd Pink:

> Is there a good place to learn how one can tweak the driver settings
> using the HDA Analyser
> <http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/HDA_Analyzer>? Or is there
> some place where I can learn about what is shown in the
> /proc/asound/card0/code#0 virtual file...

sorry, I do not know. I guess the ALSA Wiki or the source code.

> I think my problem could be that EAPD is not being enabled and/or used
> when the laptop is docked on to the port replicator...
>
> These nodes which are being shown as 'PIN's in HDA Analyzer that have
> EAPD disabled in it...
>
> Node 0x0f [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018d: Stereo Amp-Out
>   Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
>   Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
>   Pincap 0x0001003f: IN OUT HP EAPD Detect Trigger ImpSense
>   EAPD 0x0:
>   Pin Default 0x21043010: [Jack] Line Out at Sep Rear
>     Conn = RCA, Color = Blue
>     DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0x0
>   Pin-ctls: 0x40: OUT
>   Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0
>   Connection: 1
>      0x08
> Node 0x10 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018d: Stereo Amp-Out
>   Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
>   Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
>   Pincap 0x0001003f: IN OUT HP EAPD Detect Trigger ImpSense
>   EAPD 0x0:
>   Pin Default 0x0321411f: [Jack] HP Out at Ext Left
>     Conn = 1/8, Color = Green
>     DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0xf
>     Misc = NO_PRESENCE
>   Pin-ctls: 0xc0: OUT HP
>   Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0
>   Connection: 1
>      0x09
>

> Any help is really appreciated... I have more details about my
> situation at this location:

Since you are using Ubuntu, the easiest way is to follow their
instructions to solve sound related problems and report it them using
`ubuntu-bug audio` [1]. There are several developers working for(?)
Ubuntu who will probably be able to help you really quickly.

Additionally you will probably get more answers sending such kind of
messages to alsa-devel [2] and including all details in the message,
since most developers will not read forum posts.

I am sorry to not be able to help you right away. Thanks,

Paul

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingSoundProblems