getting device name for playback

Hello alsa-users!

I would like to extract the info, which device is for playback on a
sound device. For example, I have a headset, which gives back this info:

:~# amixer -c 0 scontrols
Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
Simple mixer control 'Auto Gain Control',0
Simple mixer control 'Speaker',0

and for another card plugged to the very same system:

:~# amixer -c 1 scontrols
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0

So there is one card having only one channel for playback (device named
"PCM" here) and then there is the headset, which has a "Speaker", an
"Auto Gain Control" and a microphone("Mic"). I want to adjust volumes of
"Speaker" and "PCM".

To extract "PCM" of the soundcard can be done easily, since there is
only one device. But take the card with the headset - how can I
distinguish, which card if meant for playback? If I have a look at it
with humanoid intuition, it is easy. But if I want to let this be parsed
in a script - what to do? This card has got three devices.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Dennis