Re: No Sound at all with Audiophile2496

In article <1296667342.4789.16.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kevin Tough
<kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would try to use direct ALSA API (without pulseaudio involved). I saw
> some bugreports regarding pulseaudio and ICE1712 cards.

> Just type: 'aplay -D plughw:0 <some_wav_file>' (0 is card number) and
> set audio mixer properly: 'alsamixer -c 0' .

>                                                 Jaroslav

> Hi,

> I have tried this and got the message back

> Playing WAVE '/tmp/Track6.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100
> Hz, Stereo

> I got my prompt back after what seems like the time the wave file would
> need to play. During this time I have not had any sound from the sound
> system.

Have you tried using -D hw:0 or other values after "hw:" instead of -D
plughw:0 ? If the card has more than one output device you may need to also
give a second value, so use something like -D hw:0,1 instead.

What does "aplay -l" give you?

If you have installed pulse and have it running, it may have altered
things. I found this myself from having used pulse.

Slainte,

Jim