Re: No sound in Debian Lenny

Le Sun, 30 Jan 2011 23:44:45 +0000,
Bruno <bbbmes@xxxxxxxxx> a Ãcrit :

> On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 13:05 +0100, c0 wrote:
> >
> > For a better desktop experience, i recommend you an actualization to
> > debian "testing", its very simple. Debian "testing" uses the stable
> > versions (provided by packagers), but the whole system is named
> > "testing" just because sometimes appears incompatibilities between
> > this stable packages. This is why debian "stable" is stable:
> > everything is well proved.
>
> I think that only need to upgrade, if I will need it, ALSA driver.

A system must be consistent. For that and with ALSA, it is best if all
the alsa packages do have the same version: ALSA driver, lib, tools and
whatever else you can find on the ALSA site. Older driver will normally
work with newer alsa lib, but you will certainly get some troubles or
non working functions if ALSA lib is older than the driver.

Also, each distribution do have its own way to deal with ALSA. So
first, read the doc, and ask on the debian forum if not sure.

Ciao,
Dominique

> > Best regards, Jose.
>
> Thanks Jose.