Re: No sound in Debian Lenny

In article <1296389155.3343.25.camel@debian>, c0
<elcorreodelcoco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For a better desktop experience, i recommend you an actualization to
> debian "testing", its very simple. Debian "testing" uses the stable
> versions (provided by packagers), but the whole system is named
> "testing" just because sometimes appears incompatibilities between this
> stable packages. This is why debian "stable" is stable: everything is
> well proved.

Pardon me for saying this but...

I can't help feeling your suggestion is somewhat akin to "just upgrade your
system and all be well". I can't speak for Bruno, but personally I'd prefer
an answer that allowed him/me to understand more specifically the *cause*
of his problem and give a basis for being better informed about alsa to
deal with any future problems or requirements.

This prompts me to ask - do you *know* it will solve his problem and can
explain in detail *why*? i.e. what specifically is the 'Lenny' problem that
is causing his setup not to have sound work? Again I can't speak for Bruno,
but some form of wording that just means "your install is too old" doesn't
really explain much to me!

Slainte,

Jim