No devices for NVidia HDMI audio

I'm trying to get HDMI audio on a Geforce GTS 450 to work on Centos
5.5. I have the latest NVidia binary drivers and ALSA 1.0.23.
Uner Windows 7, it just works as the default sound device after
installing NVidia drivers, so I know the card can do it. With ALSA I
don't get any devices at all:

aplay -l
shows no devices
but -L shows something:

aplay -L
front:CARD=NVidia
    HDA NVidia
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=NVidia
    HDA NVidia
surround41:CARD=NVidia
    HDA NVidia
surround50:CARD=NVidia
    HDA NVidia
surround51:CARD=NVidia
    HDA NVidia
surround71:CARD=NVidia
    HDA NVidia
hdmi:CARD=NVidia
    HDA NVidia
    HDMI Audio Output

I have also an Audigy PCI card (emu10k1), the above output is with
that card disabled (only snd-hda-indel module loaded, no snd-emu10k1).
With both cards enabled, I get devices for emu10k1 (and it works).

Here is what I have is /proc:

/proc/asound/cards
 0 [Audigy2        ]: Audigy2 - SB Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350]
                      SB Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350] (rev.4,
serial:0x20021102) at 0xb400, irq 66
 1 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
                      HDA NVidia at 0xe3ffc000 irq 177

 /proc/asound/devices
  0: [ 0]   : control
  1:        : sequencer
  4: [ 0- 0]: hardware dependent
  6: [ 0- 2]: hardware dependent
  8: [ 0- 0]: raw midi
  9: [ 0- 1]: raw midi
 10: [ 0- 2]: raw midi
 11: [ 0- 3]: raw midi
 16: [ 0- 0]: digital audio playback
 18: [ 0- 2]: digital audio playback
 19: [ 0- 3]: digital audio playback
 20: [ 0- 4]: digital audio playback
 24: [ 0- 0]: digital audio capture
 25: [ 0- 1]: digital audio capture
 26: [ 0- 2]: digital audio capture
 28: [ 0- 4]: digital audio capture
 32: [ 1]   : control
 33:        : timer
 36: [ 1- 0]: hardware dependent
 37: [ 1- 1]: hardware dependent
 38: [ 1- 2]: hardware dependent
 39: [ 1- 3]: hardware dependent

So there are some devices for card 1, but they don't show up in aplay
-l and I can't play anything onto them.

snd_hda_intel is loaded, I don't have any special options for it. In
DMESG I get this:
hda_intel: Disable MSI for Nvidia chipset
but no error messages (or any other messages about hda_intel).

snd-hda-codec-nvhdmi is not loaded automatically. I can modprobe it,
it loads with no errors or messages, but nothing changes.

Can this card work under ALSA?

--
Fedor G Pikus (fpikus@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.pikus.net