Re: Xonar DS

Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> Thomas wrote:
>> I have an interest in purchasing Asus Xonar DS but I
>> stumbled on this "No headphone plug event detection yet."
>>
>> I'm not exactly sure what the above means.
>
> It means that
> 1) I didn't yet update this page for the latest kernel (which
>    you are unlikely to already have, however); and that
> 2) you have to switch between speakers and HP manually.

Opps, I thought I was answering back on the mailing list. I'm sorry for my
multiple entries to you in your e-mails. It was my ignorance in how Knode
runs.

By switching between speakers and HP manually, is that a user software side
issue like we have to configure them locally here or is it a hardware issue,
where we have to plug or unplug at the back of our computer manually?

Thank you for the feedback.
Thomas