[new babe questions] alsa based data acquisition system

Dear all,

I am new to the list and to the alsa library. In my application, I have to collect data from outside world in the form of voltage, and then plot. I have done the plotting and GUI parts of the application. Now I have to use an ADC to collect the data.

My question: Is it possible to use the ADC of audio input and alsa lib to get the sample from the outside world. Have anyone tried like this. If it so can you please guide me how I can get started?

Now I have been looking at this http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Tutorials_and_Presentations

With thanks
Sathishkumar