Re: Basic PCM Recording

Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> My suggestion was to set something reasonable - the application should
> give hints for what purpose the stream parameters are.

I guess therein lies some of the fundamental difference with how I was
previously thinking. I figured I could just ask the driver/device for
some basic defaults that should work but, instead, I should *tell* it
what basic defaults I can live with. (Set buffer size near 1s and
period size near 125ms.)

Once I've set these after the sample rate I expect that a call to get
the period size (in frames, according to documentation) will give me a
general buffer size for me to use. I'm going to try this stuff out on
our production hardware (all kinds of different devices and drivers)
and see how it behaves. As long as there are no xruns we should be
golden.

Paul Braman