7.1 HDMI audio and NVidia

Does anyone know which nvidia series video cards are known to currently output true lpcm 7.1 bitstreams under Linux with alsa?  I can't locate this information on alsa's site or on the web.

I've been using a jumpered s/pdif header from a motherboard to a nvidia video card to get up to 5.1 channel audio over hdmi but now I need to get a real 7.1 audio solution for HD video content (bluray mainly) on my media servers.  (I created the linux HTPC howto years ago and decided it, and my setup, need updating again)

I know that there have been very mixed results over the last couple years in hdmi audio on video cards, several video cards can only do 2 channel hdmi audio under linux/alsa, and I haven't had much luck with searching for information about what nvidia chipsets can really do 7.1 hdmi audio in Linux.

Brandon