Acer Aspire 7736z

I am hoping this is the place to get some ALSA help. I've posted at Ubuntu Forums�http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1528442�about the issue, but haven't gotten any help that works yet. If I need to contact someone else, I'd love help figuring out who...Here's the info from my problem:

So, I've got a great Acer Aspire 7736. Seems to have a RealTek ALC888 card & Intel HDA.�

I've upgraded Alsa.
I've used the Drivers at the RealTek site.
I've checked alsamixer over and over and over.

Yet, currently I cannot get sound through the headphone jack.�

Originally, I had problems w/ headphone/speakers playing simlutaneously. Somewhere in my adventures I fixed that, but then only one app would use sound during a login (UGH). So, I kept poking...as all good linux users do...now I'm afraid I've totally wonked it.

I'll put all pertinent alsa-info up here for an hero who will help!!

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=58850a92a9ea0edbf28a8d014a875cdbd81b621d

I guess I'm bright enough to really mess it up, but dumb enough not to have a clue how to fix it.
It has NEVER been able to recognize a headphone plugged in the jack automatically. I hope someone knows...

--
Soli Deo Gloria!
Matt Hudson

"There is a kind of happiness and wonder that makes you serious." C.S. Lewis