Re: SOLVED M-Audio Fast Track ULTRA vs Alsa

Hi,
I have good and bad news.

2010/4/17 Felix Homann <fexpop@xxxxxx>:
> Although I don't speak italian, the output seems to say, that the file's
> audio format is not supported by the hardware. It very clearly says so.
> So you need to convert your sound files to the audio format supported by
> the hardware, that is S24_3LE.

I tried with this .asoundrc

pcm.ftrack{
   type plug
   slave{
      pcm "hw:Ultra,0"
      format S24_3LE
   }
}

ctl.ftrack {
    type hw
    card Ultra
}

and it worked! But as soon as the file ends or if I press CTRL+C to
stop aplay the systems hangs and I have to reboot using magic sysrq
keys :-(

Jack works too (using ftrack pcm), but I have hundreds of xruns, even
with 1024 frames (it means it's completely unusable, especially
because I need ultra low latency). Also, if I stop jack through
qjackctl the system hangs.

> For JACK/Ardour: I didn't have the time to look into it. But you should
> probably try first with less demanding JACK settings, e.g. 1024 frames.
> I have one machine that doesn't give any output with  less than 128
> frames. BTW, maybe try without set_rlimits, too.

I alredy tried, without the ftrack pcm it does not work.

Thanks
Darkbasic