Re: SOLVED M-Audio Fast Track ULTRA vs Alsa

Am 14.04.2010 12:45, schrieb Niccolò Belli:
> aplay -L
> http://pastebin.com/5Y7nLj7Y
>
> aplay -l, /proc/asound/devices, /proc/asound/cards
> http://pastebin.com/X0PRXHHL
>
> .asoundrc, mplayer and play output
> http://pastebin.com/VN5zCpxG

Although I don't speak italian, the output seems to say, that the file's
audio format is not supported by the hardware. It very clearly says so.
So you need to convert your sound files to the audio format supported by
the hardware, that is S24_3LE.

For JACK/Ardour: I didn't have the time to look into it. But you should
probably try first with less demanding JACK settings, e.g. 1024 frames.
I have one machine that doesn't give any output with  less than 128
frames. BTW, maybe try without set_rlimits, too.

On another note, I found testing much easier with Hydrogen than Ardour:
It starts faster and doesn't care about different sampling rates, as
Ardour does.

Kind regards,

Felix