Softvol : howto?

Hello.

I tried using softvol because I only have one sound card in my machine but
I'd like to control the volume for several applications running at once.

Here is my .asoundrc:

pcm.deviceA {
  type softvol
  slave.pcm "default"
  control.name "SoftMasterA"
  control.card 0
}

pcm.deviceB {
  type softvol
  slave.pcm "default"
  control.name "SoftMasterB"
  control.card 0
}

pcm.card0 {
  type hw
  card 0
}
ctl.card0 {
  type hw
  card 0
}

but when I try speaker-test:

$ speaker-test -D deviceA

speaker-test 1.0.18

Playback device is deviceA
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels
Using 16 octaves of pink noise
Rate set to 48000Hz (requested 48000Hz)
Buffer size range from 2048 to 8192
Period size range from 1024 to 1024
Using max buffer size 8192
Periods = 4
was set period_size = 1024
was set buffer_size = 8192
 0 - Front Left

it gets stuck, no sound comes from the speakers, and I have to kill it with
Ctrl-C.

deviceA and deviceB appear in alsamixer, I set both of them to 100%.

I tried running Music on Console with

AlsaDefault = deviceA

in its config file, but it gets stuck too and I have to killal -9.

Any hint?

Thanks.

--
Fabrice DELENTE