Re: SOLVED M-Audio Fast Track ULTRA vs Alsa

V Gabriele De Palo schrieb:
> Ciao,
> I'm still checking FTU's correct and full operation in linux.
> but continues to lack mixers support,
> does not work at 44.1K
> and no DSP.

The FTU(8R) doesn't export any descriptors for the mixer and the DSP
unit. Hence the driver doesn't know that they exist. But both seem to be
controlled by standard USB control messages for USB Audio devices. So
probably all that's needed is a way to pass a fake descriptor to the
driver. I got some nice hints on how to do that by Daniel Mack on the
alsa-devel list a couple of days ago. I hope I can spend some time on it
next week.

For the 44.1K problem, I don't have a clue at the moment.

> The patch, which I modified for the FTU, was written by Mr Clemens and
> Mr Felix to recompile the kernel, I suppose.

Thanks for your appreciation, but to make it clear: I didn't write a
single line of code for the patch. I just "hand applied" Clemens' patch,
changed the USB_DEVICE_VENDOR_SPEC to match the 8R version and generated
a new diff. Since you changed the USB_DEVICE_VENDOR_SPEC back to the
version w/o 8R our amount of contribution is the same ;-)

Kind regards,

Felix