digital output device not detected

Hi,
I am new to this community. I need help regarding resolving an issue I have been facing for quite sometime. I am trying to run two instances of an open source flight simulator (FlightGear) which uses openal. The Problem is that the first instance runs perfectly while the second crashes because openal is unable to acquire an audio device. The exact error message says: -
AL lib: oss.c:173: Could not open /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
Audio initialization failed!
There was an error opening the ALC device
Oops AL error after audio initialization!
OpenAL error (AL_ILLEGAL_COMMAND): constructor (alGenBuffers)
Fatal error: Failed to gen OpenAL buffer.

So someone in the FlightGear community suggested to use Alsa instead of oss and make hw:0,1 or /dev/adsp as default device. The problem is I don't find them on the computer. Here are some outputs that may shed some light on the matter: -

cat /proc/asound/cards:
0 [Intel ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
HDA Intel at 0xfdffc000 irq 169

cat /proc/asound/devices
2: : timer
3: : sequencer
4: [ 0- 0]: digital audio playback
5: [ 0- 0]: digital audio capture
6: [ 0- 0]: hardware dependent
7: [ 0] : control

cat /proc/asound/pcm
00-00: AD198x Analog : AD198x Analog : playback 1 : capture 2

cat /proc/asound/hwdep
00-00: HDA Codec 0

What do I do? How do I use Alsa and get multiple instances of FlightGear to run. I tried dmix as well but no success. Please help me. This is a part of my project and I really must get it done.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Ekhlas.