"type oss" definition don't work

Hello,

I need help to get OSS sound card (driver "sb") working with ALSA.

In my .asoundrc I had defined:

------------
pcm.oss1 {
type oss
device /dev/dsp1
}

ctl.oss1 {
type oss
device /dev/mixer1
}
pcm.sb-es1688 {
type plug
slave {
pcm "pcm.oss1"
rate 8000
channels 1
format U8

#           rate 44100
#           channels 2
#           format "S16_LE"
#Pozn: to rate nutné (funguje alespoň <aplay -D sb-es1688 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav>),

#to ostatní pro další (nejde xine, mpg123, ...) nepomáhá
}
}

ctl.sb-es1688 {
type oss
device /dev/mixer1
}

pcm.!default  "pcm.sb-es1688"
ctl.!default  "ctl.sb-es1688"
----------------------------

The PROBLEM IS:

If I use

aplay -D sb-es1688 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav

it works - I can hear, the sound is converted, but if I run

mpg123 -o alsa .....

then

A/ mpg123 seems to playing, but nothing is to hear
B/ an error occur

Playing MPEG stream from girlsjustwanna.mp3 ...
MPEG 1.0 layer III, 128 kbit/s, 44100 Hz joint-stereo
ALSA snd_pcm_hw_params error: Invalid argument

C/ or
ALSA write error: Operation not permitted

D/ ... or something other, or the sound is damaged
[depending what I define in "slave" conversion]

I had thing, that "type plug" with slave will whatever convert to format
defined by "slave" and this format (which is definitely correct for
that card) is send to that card (/dev/dsp1)).

But IT IS NOT SO.

When playing something with mpg123, xine, ... the format is not correct
converted OR /dev/dsp1 is not correct configured.

Can someone tell me, what I do wrong ?

Thank You

--kapetr