Re: Redirecting the output audio to the microphone input

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 5:16 AM, James Shatto <Shadow_7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You can set the record device to PCM (aumix term, never been able to find
> the equivalent alsamixer way).  Although you'll likely need to adjust your
> volume levels to get a good level (which might be below audible levels).

I cant find the setting to "set the record device to PCM" can you give
me a amixer command line for it?

> Roughly %50 volume on my laptop.  And it requires a soundcard that supports
> that.  Otherwise use a cable to connection line out to line in.  Which could
> be on that machine or another one.

This is not a solution in my case, I don't have a line in jack connection.

> If you have a file, you don't really need to, outside of some sort of
> realtime performance setup with effects.  But if you have a file, just how
> real time is it?  Sox, ffmpeg, audacity, and a few other applications can
> convert file formats to other formats.  Or play them back, you don't really
> need to record them, if they're already in file format.  And if your
> soundcard isn't full duplex, you might already be getting some bleed through
> accidentally.

I need what  I asked for, because I like to emulate a microphone. I
like to play sounds in a program that only accept mic input, but cant
take files an input e.g. Skype and other voice programs, with games
(Counter Strike Source), etc. I not doing this to convert files (if Í
needed to convert I had searched for a converting solution, I'm not
that stupid =] )

--
«Dans la vie, rien n'est à craindre, tout est à comprendre»
Marie Sklodowska Curie.