How to play ALSA Mixer Line-In in aplay?

I recently got a USB headset (wireless) and I thought it was going to quickly
solve the "tied up by a cable" problem.

I thought it would be the exact equivalent of any ordinary "stereo jack" type
headset.

But unfortunately this device can only be used for "PCM" type of audio
sources.

It is not working - for instance - with the (onboard) soundcard's Line-In or
Microphone jacks.

And what bothers me is that I have a tv tuner that has the audio output looped
back through the onboard Line-In jack, and of course it's not getting to my
USB headset.

And no, I tried to play the tv tuner audio as a PCM in aplay, but it doesn't
yield anything. The only way out for the sound is through the audio out jack
on the back of the tv tuner.

Digging with google, I managed to find a set of udev rules that can be used in
a configuration file to quickly redirect the PCM of the current mixer to a
USB headset as soon as the headset is plugged in a USB connector of the
computer.

So my problem really boils down to one single question:

answer to this problem. So if there's any expert here willing to pull me out
of this total darkness, please have mercy and share some ideas.

Thank you all in advance,

Cristian