Re: M-Audio Fast Track support?

Hi Ng Oon-Ee!

 On 2009.11.24 at 06:31:00 +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote next:

> > To find out the features etc, go to the Maudio web site. Not sure what details
> > you want.
>
> I do know the features of the device, I was wondering how
> feature-complete the drivers in alsa were =)

I have M-Audio Audiophile USB and all of its features are supported,
including 4 x 4, AC3/DTS passthrough and 24/96 mode.

I'm using analog & digital outs all the time and digital in at times,
haven't checked analog in but it should work too. I have no idea about
MIDI support, it's said to work. 4 x 4 scheme is working and you can
address any input & output independently if you wish in that mode. You
can read more details here
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/sound/alsa/Audiophile-Usb.txt

All the features described there are in basic snd-usb-audio driver and I
think that they should work with any similar device (just audiophile usb
was most available usb audio interface from m-audio some time ago). USB
cards usually don't require firmwares, unlike Firewire cards, though I
might be wrong here, better check alsa site for details.

--

Vladimir