Re: modprobe.conf inability to pass model parameter

Hi Tobin.
On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 12:24:13AM -0800, Tobin Davis wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-11-14 at 15:02 -0500, Igor Gueths wrote:
> I think the problem is in your modprobe.conf line.? Change "options snd_Hda_intel model=3stack-6ch-dig,"
> to read:
> ???
> ??? options snd_hda_intel model=3stack-6ch-dig
> No upper case, nothing after the end of the line (except a carriage return).

Actually, the above was me quoting the file. IT currently looks as follows:
root@lappie:~# cat modprobe.conf
options snd_hda_intel model=3stack-6ch-dig

Despite the file being written correctly, I am still experiencing the same
behavior; when the file is in place, modprobing snd_hda_intel with no additional
parameters causes my laptop speakers to ork fine, but the shared S/PDIF
headphone output doesn't emit sound at all when headphones are plugged in.
However, if I move the file out of /etc, unload and reload snd_hda_intel and
pass model=3stack-6ch-dig, everything works fine again. AT some point in time
during all this module loading and unloading, I get the following output:
linux_alsa.c', line: 1034
                         Expression 'AlsaOpen( &alsaApi->baseHostApiRep, params,
streamDir, &self->pcm )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line:
1191
  Expression 'PaAlsaStreamComponent_Initialize( &self->playback, alsaApi,
outParams, StreamDirection_Out, NULL != callback )' failed in
'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 1411
                      Expression 'PaAlsaStream_Initialize( stream, alsaHostApi,
inputParameters, outputParameters, sampleRate, framesPerBuffer, callback,
streamFlags, userData )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line:
1983

I am not sure if the above is relevant; however, if it is, please let me know,
and I can attempt to dig up the rest of it if there is any. Thanks.

- --
> Tobin Davis < mailto:tdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxx tdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >

> --
> believed to be clean.