Re: modprobe.conf inability to pass model parameter

On Sat, 2009-11-14 at 15:02 -0500, Igor Gueths wrote:

Hi all. Has anyone noticed the inability to pass the model option when loading
snd_hda_intel, using Module-init-tools version 3.10? The reason I was able to
figure this out, was because when running just modprobe snd_hda_intel, while
modprobe.conf contained "options snd_Hda_intel model=3stack-6ch-dig," my
headphone output would suddenly stop working. However, if I unloaded the module,
and passed model=3stack-6ch-dig on the command line, everything worked again. I
really don't want to have to have my bootscripts unload the module, and then
re-load it with the correct parameters, but I will do that if I have to I
suppose. So is this perhaps some mysterious bug in Module-init-tools? I guess I
will have to compile my kernel with ALsa debug support and find out. Thanks.
- --
Igor
I think the problem is in your modprobe.conf line.  Change "options snd_Hda_intel model=3stack-6ch-dig,"
to read:

    options snd_hda_intel model=3stack-6ch-dig

No upper case, nothing after the end of the line (except a carriage return).

--
Tobin Davis <tdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>