Need help to send audio directly to device node

Hi,

I've this application that return a wav file, it is something like this:

# ./my_application <audio_number> <audio_file_wav>

Then I can get the audio that this application creates and play with:

# aplay -D plughw:1,0 test.wav

And it works.

But, what I want is to send this audio directly to device node, or something like this:

# ./my_application <audio_number> /dev/snd/pcmC1D0p

But I get the following error:

cat: write error: File descriptor in bad state

It is the same as if I try to cat a file to the device with:

# cat test.wav > /dev/snd/pcmC1D0p

I'm currently using a USB headset. None of the audio devices are created (i.e: /dev/audio /dev/dsp)

I was informed that I can't get sound from writing data directly to the device node with ALSA, but I would like to ask you guys if some of you knows how to get over this problem.

Thank you for your time.
Regards,
Douglas