Re: Keep internal PC speaker output with snd_hda_intel

On Sun-2009/08/16-16:51 Jan Ploski wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. I now upgraded from 2.6.28.3, which didn't even
> have the CONFIG_SND_HDA_INPUT_BEEP option, to 2.6.30.4. The option is
> unset. However, the beep redirection through the sound card still
> happens when the module is loaded. Based on Takashi's comments above,
> it seems that I'm out of luck with this hardware. The only way to
> avoid becoming deaf is to mute the PC speaker entirely, unload the HDA
> module and/or buy a sound card which doesn't have this issue.

Now this I didn't expect!  You could also look into the alsamixer
settings.  I have a setting called "Beep" in there, which you could set
muted.  Then do "alsactl store" in case your ALSA doesn't do this
automatically.  This should silence any beeping through the sound card.

I wonder why you have this particular problem.  My machine only beeps
through the piezo buzzer with sound going where it should.

clemens