Re: alsa server and shm

Le Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:32:23 -0400,"Massie, Lee C." <Lee.Massie@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> Hi all,> >  > > I'm trying to play data from a machine that does not have a sound card> on a machine that does.  I was able to successfully create a file using> "type file" as the default in the asound.conf, and I was able to prove> this file would play on the other machine, so I know what I want to do> can be done.  Regretfully, there is memory limitations on the machines> that I am working on that makes this solution unusable.  Thus, I've> instead tried to get the data across using "type shm" and then using a> socket to run the data through.  A guy I'm working with created a socket> server that attempts to accomplish this. When I run this socket server,> I can see that the socket is able to receive data, but I get an error> where I performed the aplay that says "read size error."  This error is> occurring in code specific to shm.  It appears that after the data is> written to the socket, aplay does a read.  For some reason the read is> failing, because the value returned is a different value than the size> of the buffer received.  I also noticed that there is an aserver> application that comes with the alsa-lib's.  I've attempted to use this> in place of the homegrown alsa server, but I can't figure out what it is> supposed to do.  I run the aserver and then the aplay, and they both> just sit there.  I have not been able to find very much documentation> regarding aserver, so I'm not sure what to do beyond what I'm doing.> Does anyone have any experience with shm or aserver that may be able to> give me clues on how to get a solution using "type shm" to work?> Does anyone know if there is any documentation out there that explains> how to use aserver?  Here is my current asound.conf:> >  > > pcm.!default{> >                 type shm> >                 server socketserver> >                 pcm "default"> > }> >  > > server. socketserver{> >                 host 127.0.0.1> >                 socket "/tmp/alsa.sock"> > }> >  > > This is the command I use to run the aserver: ./aserver socketserver> >  > > If anybody in the future wants to create a file from what is played on a> machine that does not have a sound card, here is my asound.conf that> successfully accomplished this:> >  > > pcm.!default{> >                 type file> >                 file "/tmp/out.raw"> >                 format "raw"> >                 slave.pcm "null"> > }> >  > > Any help would be much appreciated.> >  > > Lee> >  >
I am not an ALSA expert, but what you want to do can be easily archived withJACK: http://jackaudio.org/
Dominique
------------------------------------------------------------------------------Enter the BlackBerry Developer Challenge  This is your chance to win up to $100,000 in prizes! For a limited time, vendors submitting new applications to BlackBerry App World(TM) will havethe opportunity to enter the BlackBerry Developer Challenge. See full prize  details at: http://p.sf.net/sfu/Challenge_______________________________________________Alsa-user mailing listAlsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user