Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD with HDMI output on Linux

Has anyone managed to stream any of the new lossless HD codecs (like
Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio) via an HDMI output on Linux?

I know that this isn't possible with SPDIF, but I'm hoping that the
motherboards with integrated HDMI and sound (like Gigabyte's
GA-E7AUM-DS2H motherboard) can make this happen.  And if the hardware
supports it, a separate question is whether it's something that actually
works in practice with ALSA?

I'm more or less soliciting general feedback about people's experiences,
and what hardware works or doesn't work.

Thanks,
Jason.