Re: Do must Linux users just live without sound?

Hi everyone,

I have found this discussion quite interesting and informative.  However (and I don’t mean to sound negative) but I am **really** hoping someone can help me out with my particular case:

1) Sound DOES work for the first few minutes after rebooting particularly if I have not run Linux for a while (either computer has been off or booted under Windows).

2) Support for my particular laptop (the LG S1) is mentioned specifically in the ALSA changelog way back in 1.0.12

Is anyone able to help me with my particular case?  I have posted the output from the alsa-info.sh script here:

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=9e5b4548ded9b389661b0e669ecb5cd7364ff973

Please let me know what other information else might be needed as well as how I might be able to get that info (if I need to download a script, run a specific terminal command, etc).

Thanks very much,

Daren Krive

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Sergei
Steshenko<steshenko_sergei@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh, so the info _does_ _exist_ in .ini file ?! And isn't the file a text
> one ? And if so, can't it just be extracted from Windows driver CD or from
> the manufacturer website, parsed, and the info used to make ALSA driver work ?

Yes, this seems to be the case with some vendor drivers.  And ALSA now
supports setting HDA pin configs from userspace so this info along
with trial and error can be used to get sound working, then report the
info back to ALSA developers so it can be made to work OOTB.

Lee