Re: Bluetooth Headset

Hi!

I did further testing, also with another headset (Nokia BH-208) where  I could
get sound working with still some errors.
It only possible to play correct sampled date with a rate of 8000, all other
sample rates fail. If i test with another sampe-rate there is no correct
output. I thought alsa does the correct resampling, but it does not

In my ~/.asoundrc I have included a plug device:
pcm.btheadset {
   type plug
   slave {
   pcm btheadsetraw
   }
}

pcm.btheadsetraw {
   type bluetooth
   device xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
   profile "auto"
}

1)
Play a file with 8000 samples/s, sound output is fine:
aplay -v -B 100000 -Dplug:btheadset Front_Right_resampled8000.wav

Playing WAVE 'Front_Right_resampled8000.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian,
Rate 8000 Hz, Mono
Plug PCM: Plug PCM: Bluetooth Audio Device
Its setup is:
  stream       : PLAYBACK
  access       : RW_INTERLEAVED
  format       : S16_LE
  subformat    : STD
  channels     : 1
  rate         : 8000
  exact rate   : 8000 (8000/1)
  msbits       : 16
  buffer_size  : 800
  period_size  : 200
  period_time  : 25000
  tstamp_mode  : NONE
  period_step  : 1
  avail_min    : 200
  start_threshold  : 800
  stop_threshold   : 800
  silence_threshold: 0
  silence_size : 0
  boundary     : 1677721600
2)
Play a file with 48000 samples/s, sound output is NOT ok:
aplay -v -B 100000 -Dplug:btheadset Front_Righ.wav

Playing WAVE 'Front_Right.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz,
Mono
Plug PCM: Plug PCM: Rate conversion PCM (8000, sformat=S16_LE)
Its setup is:
  stream       : PLAYBACK
  access       : RW_INTERLEAVED
  format       : S16_LE
  subformat    : STD
  channels     : 1
  rate         : 48000
  exact rate   : 48000 (48000/1)
  msbits       : 16
  buffer_size  : 4800
  period_size  : 1200
  period_time  : 25000
  tstamp_mode  : NONE
  period_step  : 1
  avail_min    : 1200
  start_threshold  : 4800
  stop_threshold   : 4800
  silence_threshold: 0
  silence_size : 0
  boundary     : 1258291200
Slave: Bluetooth Audio Device
Its setup is:
  stream       : PLAYBACK
  access       : MMAP_INTERLEAVED
  format       : S16_LE
  subformat    : STD
  channels     : 1
  rate         : 8000
  exact rate   : 8000 (8000/1)
  msbits       : 16
  buffer_size  : 800
  period_size  : 200
  period_time  : 25000
  tstamp_mode  : NONE
  period_step  : 1
  avail_min    : 200
  start_threshold  : 800
  stop_threshold   : 800
  silence_threshold: 0
  silence_size : 0
  boundary     : 1677721600

Why does alsa not sample correct? Do you need still more information to help
me solve the Problem?

thanks,
Stefan