Re: Capture w/ M-Audio Fast Track USB?

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Michael B Allen <ioplex@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 3:25 AM, Clemens Ladisch <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Michael B Allen wrote:
>>> Does capture work with the M-Audio Fast Track USB?
> and do arecord again just like before I can play it back and it works
> but it is very faint and distorted.
>
> So this proves capture signal is making it to ALSA.
>
> However why is it so faint?
>
> I suppose it is distorted because I have the level set to -3dB?

Well I made a little progress on this.

If I do the following:

# arecord -D plughw:1,0 -d 4 -t raw -f dat -c 1 /tmp/test.dat
Recording raw data '/tmp/test.dat' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate
48000 Hz, Mono

# aplay -D plughw:1,0 -t raw -f dat -c 1 /tmp/test.dat
Playing raw data '/tmp/test.dat' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate
48000 Hz, Mono

Then it's not distorted. But it's still faint. Is there a gain control
within snd_usb_audio that needs to be set on a per device basis?

I saw this about the Fast Track "Pro":

  http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/M-Audio_FastTrack_Pro

but I tried using device_setup=0x11 but it had no effect.

Mike