MOTU micro lite (USB, 5in, 5out)

Hi,

I have a MOTU micro lite (USB, 5x MIDI IN and 5x MIDI OUT, Vendor ID
0x07fd, product ID 0x0001).  According to the kernel usb-audio device
driver source code, this device should be supported as its USB vendor
and product ID are listed in a table in linux/sound/usb/usbmidi.c.  Yet
the driver seems to take no notice of the deivce - even if I give the
vendor/product IDs on the modprobe command line. lsusb identifies it as
a Fastlane device, although I see from previous posts (one from 2006:
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg15907.html)
that this is believed to be a 2in/2out device unlike mine.

Any ideas if this can/should work and how to do so?  What are the issues
beyond simply lack of information from MOTU?  Sadly, I also just noticed
(http://qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=3172) that apparently this
hasn't worked for sometime now.

Kind regards
Aidan Dixon