ymfpci drive capability - help needed with setup

Last night I tried an experiment. I took a second computer, installed a
Yamaha WF-192XG card, then loaded the i386 version of 64Studio on top.
To my shock (I'm still shocked) Rosegarden worked first time - very
promising.

Rosegarden seemed to be using Timidity for it's sound conversion. But
the WF-192XG, of course, has a wavetable on board. Not just any
wavetable, an XG wavetable with effects and Soundius on board. Much as I
love Timidity (and I love Timidity) I'd like to use the wavetable too,
but it wasn't showing.  I looked in proc, tried amidi -l, and tried
enabling in etc>modprobe.d>alsa-base (though I don't know what I'm doing
there), but nothing showing. The only hint is in alsamixer, which has a
couple of unexplained audio outputs?

I searched the mail list, but found no reference to anything like this,
so I'm posting...

Questions,

Can ymfpci access the WF-192XG wavetable?
(I tried looking in some recent source code, and though this was only a
brief glance, there did seem to be references to XG and XG mapping?)

If so, how would the wavetable appear?
(I assumed I'd have a labelled midi input, though by what name, I don't
know)

If the driver can access the wavetable, does anyone have any clues, or
examples, of how I would set up the module to make this happen?
(Ok, this is implementation specific, but I know nothing of modules and
modprobing, so something to work on would help)

Regards, and thanks in advance for any help,

Rob