Audio device: Creative Labs [SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio] CA0110-IBG

Hello,

I'm having a heck of a time trying to get FC10 audio on a brand new
MSI P6N with on-board integrated "Audio device: Creative Labs
[SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio]CA0110-IBG"

I'm not familiar at all with alsa / pulse, other then with Intel
on-board sound.

The device is detected ok with lspci.

In all the news groups etc. standard OSS sound should be to get sound
 out of the card, but I'm not familiar with FC10 - been with FC8 for a while now!

Having no joy with anything, I loaded everything via yum I could find
 with either oss, alsa or pulse.

Still nothing.

I've downloaded compiled installed the beta drivers from creative but
 to no avail.

I've spent a week trying to find a simple method to troubleshoot audio
 but it must be my search queries that are failing me ...

Can any one provide with any help?