switch from optical to analog in software?

I'm rather new to optical outputs - I'd like to connect the optical out of an
Terratec Aureon 5.1 to an amp and a headphone to the analog out jack.

Now - do both outputs give the same signal per default? Can I switch from amp
to headphone in software somehow?

--

http://ich.waehlepiraten.de