Re: 24-bit support in a USB DAC

>A high-end audio company has asked me to get their newly released USB
>DAC working in Linux at 24-bit.  16-bit playback is said to be
>working.  I'm hoping I only need to use a 24-bit music player like
>mpd, but if that doesn't work, where should I look next?  Can a DAC
>work in Linux at 16-bit but not at 24-bit?
>
>- Grant

Two stages-
First test the card from aplay to make sure it does work at 24 bits, with 24
bit files. If it does then you need the latest version of MPD to get 24 bit
audio support (0.15. alpha). I have been working on a host pc solution to
specifically support HD audio playback, and was responsible for getting the
MPD team the necessary info to get 24 bit playback working. It does support
through 192/24 correctly. The remaining issue is seeking on wave files.

I have not been able to get the other audio programs to work as cleanly.

Demian